MS Outlook is one of the popular email client used across the globe. Microsoft Outlook provides amazing features. We can save our contacts, mails, share calendar, offline storage and many others. All this data is stored in PST (Personal Storage Table).
Microsoft Outlook versions have different PST file size. PST file is the most important part of Outlook and a corrupted file effects performance. MS Outlook may face errors due to large amount of data, corrupt PST file and account settings. Common Errors that occur in MS Outlook are:
1. MAPI Error
DLL (Dynamic Link Library)files of Outlook are prone to error. If Mapi32.dll file is corrupt then you can get the error message 0x8007000E. it generally occurs if Outlook doesn’t get enough resources to run from OS.
Solution: You can try closing some running programs in windows. If that doesn’t work out then use MAPI Repair Tool (Fixmapi.exe). Run Fixmapi.exe tool and restart Outlook.
2. Error in Sent items file (Outlook Express)
If you get the error code 0x800C013B than there could be a chance that your sent items folder file is damaged. Follow below steps to resolve this issue
- Find the Sent Items.dbx file by clicking on start menu
- Go to Look in Box>>primary disk(C: drive) and click Find Now.
- Right Click on Sent Items.dbx file and rename it to Sent Items.old>>OK.
- Restart Outlook and the file will be changed automatically to Sent Items.dbx.
3. Server Time Out
Sometimes we face the error Server time out. It may be due to poor internet connection or any other network problem. To resolve this issue we can increase the server time-out setting.
- Open Outlook in your system
- Go to File menu>>Info>>Account Settings (2010 and above versions). For Outlook 2007 (Tools>>Account Seetings)
- Select POP3 account>>Click Change
- Go to More Settings>>Advanced tab
- Increase the limit of server time-out setting
4. Corrupt PST file
Corrupt PST file can cause problems with Outlook. All mails, contacts, messages, calendar events, tasks are stored in PST. Damaged PST file could result in performance issues.
You can repair PST file with built in scanpst.exe tool. Scan the pst file for any errors and if it asks to repair, click on start button to repair file and recover data. You can scan file two or more times for fast and reliable performance of Outlook.
5. Other General errors may occur in Outlook due to other reasons. In that case you can troubleshoot problems by:
- Restart system and make sure it is connected to internet properly.
- Check that Account Settings are properly configured
- For Security issues, update antivirus and check windows firewall settings.
- Delete any suspicious emails from your mail box.